Sunday, August 5, 2007

Dress to Impress

Of note: following story takes place in our garage with garage door up...

I have always prided myself on having somewhat of an eye for fashion and keeping up with the latest styles and trends. Let it be known, by the picture below, that this trait has not been lost on my children.


Does this outfit not cover all of the fashion basics? I think it does. It obviously has ease of movement and versatility which Liam demonstrates as he helps Kevin organize the garage. It also allows for Liam, at a moments notice, to run outside through the wet grass and hunt for toads, worms, etc. The Shrek underwear add that perfect trendy touch, while the fireman rain boots are stylish yet practical at the same time. And we all know how hard it is to be stylish and practical!

My glory was short lived, though, as Kevin said, "I don't think the neighbors are as impressed with the outfit as you." "OK, fine I'll make him change his boots." They were right I guess, as it wasn't "technically" raining outside at the moment. "Somehow", Kevin said, "I don't think that's the change they're hoping for." Good heavens, I thought. What more could they possibly be hoping for? OK, maybe they didn't like Shrek. But Thomas! Everyone loves Thomas the Tank Engine, right?!

3 comments:

nathansethjones said...

Liam's just keeping it real. :) If he's not bothered, the neighbors shouldn't be either.

Jennifer said...

We are extremely proud of Liam's ensemble. The boys (all of them) are requesting Shrek underwear.

Sienna said...

That is too cute. Hmmm....I wonder if I could get a pair of those boots in my size??